Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday 12 July 2008

    Bells Brewery's New Shop

    Back in September I wrote about visiting the Bells brewery off licence at Ullesthorpe Garden Centre. Well now it's moved, and I'm not really sure why.

    They've moved just a few miles away to the sprawling village of Broughton Astley which is still quite near to Junction 20 but not as close as Ullesthorpe. Whereas the previous shop doubled up as a farm shop and mini delicatessen, this one sells booze and homebrew stuff only.

    The previous shop would have attracted tons of drop in trade from people visiting the garden centre and had ample parking. This shop is in the middle of a narrow main street with little parking. It really seems to be a strange choice of location. I seriously worry about the viability but hope my worries are unfounded.

    As for the beer, I bought a few bottles including Parish Baz's Bonce Blower which should be fun. By the way, the shop is now called Quench which is very modern!!

    No comments: