Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday 31 July 2008

    A Shop With No Beer


    If there's one business venture I've read about this year which deserves to succeed, it's the shop Stephen Thompson is opening next month in Leyland, Lancashire.

    Stephen is described as a reformed alcoholic and his love of booze saw him at Death's door. Now however he is opening a shop which sells non alcoholic drinks only. But Stephen isn't selling soft drinks, teas and coffees. Instead he's sourced what appears to be a large amount of non-alcoholic beers, wines, spirits and licquors.

    These are not my types of tipple, but you've got to admire him, and hope that the risk he is taking by ploughing his life savings into the venture pays dividends. Good luck mate!

    3 comments:

    Dubbel said...

    Hmmm. Seems like a bit of a folly to me. Does anyone drink non-alcoholic beverages other than reformed alcoholics?

    Perhaps an offie catering to all tastes with a sizable non-alcoholic section would have been a safer bet? Hope I'm wrong and it prooves to be a raging success though.

    Anonymous said...

    I think there should be more of this around. When I go to a pub I like to drink beer, and if for whatever reason I can't drink alcohol (driving, work next day, etc.) I'd rather drink a decent non-alcoholic beer than pints of ice-cold brown fizzy drink with vegetable extracts.

    Anonymous said...

    Is there such a thing as a decent non alcoholic beer.I think he is on a loser with this business plan.