Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday 1 April 2008

    New Pub To Sell US Beers Only


    I've been contacted by reader Thomas Fool who has exciting news for Northamptonshire drinkers, and those from further afield. Tom is currently converting an old Kettering church which he will be opening as a pub in the next few months. However it's a pub with a difference. "I will only be selling American beers" he tells me. "Myself and my wife April have been to the last two GBBFs and I have loved all the US cask stuff. I also drink a lot of American beers in bottles, and I think they'll go down a storm. But what's really convinced me", he says "is how well the Stone beer has been going down in my local Spoons, and, it appears, nationwide."

    I mentioned to Tom that Kettering may be an odd choice for such a venture but he is convinced that drinkers in the market town are an adventurous bunch. "We have two exciting micro breweries and a great award winning free house in The Alexandra Arms, plus being in the Midlands will allow drinkers from all over the country to get to us easily"

    Sounds good to me, I'm awaiting my invite to launch night.

    7 comments:

    Tandleman said...

    Hope it sells Black Sambuca!

    PS why have you turned on word verification? It is a pain in the whotsit.

    Anonymous said...

    April Fools is his wife

    Mark Edwards said...

    Tandleman - I just turned it on for the day as I knew I would be away from a PC for a while, and wouldn't be able to moderate comments. I'll change it back. I think it will sell American Black Sambuca only

    Tandleman said...

    I don't bother with comment moderation. I think it was Stonch that advised me about that and he is right. Never had any spam.

    Mark Edwards said...

    I've had spam about 4 times. Latest yesterday. Still, I can always delete it. I'll give it some thought.

    Unknown said...

    Would Spam and Budweiser be on the menu at the Alex from now on, then :-)

    Boak said...

    Nice fool - I skimmed it at lunch and didn't notice...

    We have about 50 spam comments a day. Not to mention the odd bit of pointless abuse. Is Google / blogger just better at filtering it than Wordpress?