Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday 8 May 2008

    Reading Beer Festival - Huge Queues


    I didn't get to the Reading Beer Festival this year. Actually I didn't go last year either, but I did go in 2006 and was very impressed with the vast range of beers, both British and foreign, and what is probably the largest range of ciders outside GBBF.

    I read today that 14700 visitors drank more than 55000 pints of beer and 10000 pints of cider. That's an impressive statistic, and it's obvious Reading festival really does draw in the crowds.

    I have heard from friend though that they queued for more than two hours, and in one case I've heard three and a half just to get in. That can't be much fun! Beer festivals really can be ridiculously popular, but I harp back to a previous article I wrote. I much prefer going to the day sessions. It's very rare you need to queue to get in during the day.

    2 comments:

    Dubbel said...

    Was considering going along on the Saturday, glad I didn't now.

    Maeib, have you, like me, noticed a huge surge in the numbers going to festivals in general in the last 12-24 months? Will we ever be left to scoop in peace again?

    Mark Edwards said...

    YCC - I certainly have, even in the quieter sessions which I attend anyway. Last year we queued at Peterborough for the lunchtime session and it took about 15 minutes to get in from when the doors opened, such was the queue. Good weather certainly helps, we'll see what type of a Summer we have.