Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday 3 August 2008

    Nils Oscar At BeerMerchants


    My favourite beer at last year's Great British Beer Festival was Nils Oscar Imperial Stout. It was an excellent stout coming in at a reasonable 7% but tasting much stronger with an excellent roasty body. Sadly there doesn't appear to be any beers from Scandinavia this year, but blog sponsor BeerMerchants have secured six beers from this Swedish brewery for your enjoyment.

    Amongst them is the excellent Stout, together with the almost as good Barley Wine an IPA, a smoked porter, and a couple of lagers; one in the dortmunder style and one in the vienna style.

    As stated before, BeerMerchants certainly know how to package their beers so you can order these safe in the knowledge that they will arrive snugly and promptly. I'm sure you'll enjoy a little taste of Sweden, especially the Imperial Stout!

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    The Rökporter is quite nice too, if you're into smoked beers.

    Unknown said...

    So does this mean you've already fingered Phil and I can't tempt you into swapsies for Mikkeller ;-)

    Mark Edwards said...

    I may have some spare Mikkeller for an aging clown. I'll be in touch when I know our paths may be crossing.

    Unknown said...

    Aging clown! You cheeky sod. Albeit a cheeky sod with (probably) more Mikkeller than me. But that's what Peterborough BF was invented for.

    I'm tempted to crack open a couple of Nils tonight but I don't think they'll go too well with cheesy pizza...