Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday 4 November 2008

    RateBeer Second Home

    My first home on the internet is RateBeer. I'm on it far too often for my own good, and it's one of the reasons I don't post here as often as I'd like. Well, sadly it is down at the moment and has been for a couple of days due to some serious hacking compromising the security of the site. For anyone who is a regular on RateBeer and is missing the camaraderie or just needs to contact a fellow user, you may find this site more than useful.

    Massive thanks go to Phil Lowry of my favourite British online beer store for the leg work on this.

    7 comments:

    Tandleman said...

    Never seen it as very attractive myself. What do you find so good about it?

    Mark Edwards said...

    Tandleman - I find it the greatest source of information about World beers on the net. ratings are personal but the facts and figures therein are invaluable. Plus I've made some really good friends there who share a common interest and are great company for a beer drinking session.

    Tandleman said...

    Fair enough!

    Sat In A Pub said...

    Explains a lot. When I visited recently my antivirus flagged up warnings and if you google it, it comes up as an unsafe site.

    Anonymous said...

    Missing Ratebeer a lot, I hope it comes back in it's full glory, though I have my doubts. I'm also having great difficulty in signing up for RB2H, it doesn't seem to want to let me in.
    It's enough to put you off beer!

    Cheers

    imdownthepub

    Gazza Prescott said...

    I quite like Ratebeer, it's full of gen about most beers you're likely to encounter whilst travelling.

    The big downside is that it's full of morons who, having drunk a mere thousand beers, think they're a "beer god" (their words, not mine) and then think they know everything about beer/brewing/pubs and just about everything else.

    Apart from that, it's pretty useful.

    Unknown said...

    I'm missing ratebeer so much I've actually managed to blog today rather than feck around, posting crap on the forums and patronising beer geeks who once drank Landlord and now know everything there id to know about English cask beer.