Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday 1 January 2008

    First Beer Of 2008

    Actually it's not my first beer drank of 2008, but my first beer gift. We went family visiting today, as you do at this time of year. My wife's Pap (a quaint Northamptonshire name for Grandfather) whom we called on, likes his beer and knows I do also. He gave me a bottle of Wadworth Bishops Tipple. I accepeted it gracefully without having the heart to tell him that Wadworth is high on my list of "British brewers whose beers are really not very good", and that even though this is an above average Wadworth product I still think it's poor.

    I've always said every beer is worth drinking once, but I'm not sure that some beers are worth drinking twice. I sense a beef and ale stew in the offing!

    2 comments:

    Kieran Haslett-Moore said...

    I was alittle surprised at just how absolutly ballanced 6x was when I first tried it earlyer this year, not a particulary exciting beer.

    Interesting that in the most recent issue of Beer Brian Yorston, the new head brewer, boasts of how they are swapping to pellets from whole flowers.

    Kieran Haslett-Moore said...

    Actually I got that the wrong way around , whole flowers to pellets...