Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday 6 November 2007

    Unusual Beer In Unusual Places


    One of the biggest joys of beer hunting is finding an unusual beer in an unusual place. Needing to buy some salad this evening, and wanting to avoid the ridiculous roadworks riddling Northampton at the moment, I nipped into Netto.

    Now I'm not a snob, but Netto is not my supermarket of choice. However a wander round the shoddily stacked shelves of the alcohol section, I stumbled across 500ml bottles of Bakalář Svetlý Lezák 12°. This is a Bohemian Pilsener brewed in Rakovnik, Czech Republic which is brewed with plenty of local hops. It'll take me a week or two to drink it probably, so I can't provide tatsting notes, but it's certainly a rare find, and makes me realise that I shouldn't ignore the cheap supermarket chains.

    And, by the way, they didn't have any bags of salad!!

    No comments: