Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday 4 November 2007

    Water? Pah - Get Me A Fizzy Beer

    I promise I don't read The Daily Mail, but I did happen to find an article online yesterday which suggests that beer is a better rehydrant than water.

    So us beer lovers have been at the forefront of thinking forever. We know that beer is good for you; that's why we drink it isn't it;-)

    Actually my memory takes me back to the late 80s when after a game of 5-a-side football I would go immediately to the bar and order not one but two pints of Worthington E. That gassy fizzy keg beer was just the thing to quench my thirst after vigorous exercise. The first one didn't even touch the sides. So there you go, my street cred which I earned by stating I won't read the Daily Mail has gone straight out of the window by admitting I enjoyed Worthington E. Oh well! Just shoot me.

    4 comments:

    Kieran Haslett-Moore said...

    At least it wasnt fosters.

    Mark Edwards said...

    Absolutely, I chose the keg bitter over the lager. I always had the bitter even when I was to young to drink. Out of about a dozen of us who hung out together I think only two drank bitter.

    Stonch said...

    I've got one of those jugs in your picture - got it on Ebay.

    Anonymous said...

    Worthington E on cask is now a bloody good ale.
    Oh how times have changed.