Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 18 February 2008

    Sarah Hughes Kicks Out Old Man


    A 90 year old widower who has been drinking at the famous Sarah Hughes brewpub, The Beacon Hotel in the West Midlands has been barred for raising his walking stick to another customer.

    It is alleged the oher party was taking the rise out of his mobility issues - a pretty shameful thing to do to a man of his age - and took a wave of his walking aid in the face, although he was not struck by it.

    The pub's landlord who appears to be a descendant of the original brewster Sarah, and who wasn't there at the time, has decided to bar him for life based on the reports of his staff.

    All seems a little harsh to me, although of course there's two sides to every story, and our intrepid nonagenarian may be more guilty than he's letting on. I'll still continue to seek out Sarah Hughes beers; this isn't worthy of a boycott.

    4 comments:

    Tandleman said...

    Well in the unlikely event I reach 90 I'll demand the right to take a stick to anyone who as much as says boo to me. What's the point of being ancient if you can't be an annoying old git?

    Anonymous said...

    A 'Hells Grandad' no doubt!

    Mark Edwards said...

    It's true that some people get very cantankerous as they get older, but he does appear to have been provoked.

    I would be pleased to be 90 and still in control of my faculties let alone able to walk to a decent boozer.

    Stonch said...

    I met an 87 year old boozer in The Bricklayer's Arms last year who was in remarkably good shape. Beer keeps you young.