Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 27 June 2007

    Let It Be Leeds


    No offence Leeds but if Carlsberg really do close one of their breweries in England, I really hope it's yours, not what, to be fair is the ugly monstrosity pictured left. However ugliness aside the brewery you see here is in Northampton, which I do care about.

    I don't really care for the products of either brewery, and the Leeds site does brew better beers, but I don't want to see brewing on such a large scale cease in Northampton.

    The Carlsberg brewery is roughly on the same site as the old Phipps and Northampton Brewery Co sites, and it would be a heinous crime to stop brewing on this land.

    We have already seen the wanten demolition of one of Mannings' old maltings, I would hate to see further evidence of Northampton's brewing heritage being destroyed.

    I am sure we won't find out for a little while which brewery will close, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    No comments: