Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday 7 June 2007

    More On Old Northamptonshire Breweries


    Since writing this article, I have got my hands on this book. I can whole heartedly recommend it to anybody interested in either brewery history or the county of Northamptonshire.

    Reading up on such breweries as Northampton Brewery Company, Phipps, Mannings, Smiths of Oundle, Campbell Praed & Co, Dulleys, Hopcraft & Norris and many, many more is a fascinating insight into the
    brewing industry of yesteryear. It has invigorated me to search for anything still remaining relating to these breweries. Especially though I want to find old livery on buildings and existing pubs. I know The Old White Hart in Northampton has a great pub front, but there will definitely be others.

    I also will search for breweriana relating to these old companies. If anyone has any information or can help me in my search please leave a comment, or contact me - my details are on the left hand panel.

    Cheers.

    No comments: