Tweet Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday 11 December 2007

    Watch Out India - Greene King On The Way


    I'm really not sure what they have done to deserve it. They have influenced the best post pub cuisine available in this country. They have given the World Sachin Tendulkar and Shilpa Shetty. Now what are we giving them back?

    Bloody Greene King Beers. Many years ago of course we exported heavily hopped strong beers to India; now we are sending them Old Speckled Hen and GK IPA. It's such a shame, how the mighty have fallen. Still maybe it will mean there's less of them in this country. We can but hope I suppose.

    5 comments:

    Stonch said...

    I didn't like Shilpa Shetty at all. The fact her detractors employed some particularly vile insults does not detract from the fact the woman herself is absolutely ghastly.

    Kieran Haslett-Moore said...

    Point taken, however I would take Speckled Hen or GK IPA over Kingfisher anyday.

    Mark Edwards said...

    Leave off Shilpa! She's alright!
    Plus she's the only Indian woman I could think of at the time!! Thinking about it I could have mentioned Indira Ghandi or Madhur Jaffray but I wanted to gibe it a modern feel!

    To be honest I'm not a huge admirer of Sachin. I think Dravid's far better.

    Dubbel said...

    Poor bastards - first the tsunami and now this.

    Although the article does go on to say Broughton, Fullers and Sharp's will also be exporting to India, which will surely soften the kick in the teeth somewhat.

    Anonymous said...

    Surely the article is mistaken - I can't believe they are shipping real ale to India but rather a pasteurized/homgenized dead beer presumably served in a pub can complete with widget.